Dear Wright State Community,
I am pleased to announce that Wright State University has seated the committee to lead our search for the university's next provost and senior vice president for academic affairs. Our goal is to complete the search process and allow our next provost to join Wright State no later than the start of next fall.
We are seeking a candidate of significant scholarly accomplishment with the experience, dedication, vision, and zeal to serve as the senior vice president for academic affairs of a metropolitan research university. The provost will report to the president and will be responsible for overseeing and guiding the university’s academic schools and colleges, as well as our nationally recognized research and academic support services.
I have asked Dr. Laura Luehrmann, professor of political science and director of the Master of Arts Program in International and Comparative Politics, and Mr. Greg Sample, executive vice president and chief operating officer, to co-chair the search process and lead a cross-section of university and community leaders represented on the search committee.
Provost Search Committee:
- Dr. Laura Luehrmann, Professor of Political Science and Director of the Master of Arts Program in International and Comparative Politics
- Mr. Greg Sample, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer
- Dr. Brian Boyd, Associate Professor of Teacher Education and President of the Faculty Senate
- Mrs. Eloise Broner, Chief of Shared Services at Premier Health and former Wright State University Trustee
- Dr. Timothy Bunning, Chief Technology Officer at the Air Force Research Laboratory
- Mr. Jonathan Ciero, President of Student Government
- Dr. Subhashini Ganapathy, Associate Professor and Chair of Biomedical, Industrial, and Human Factors Engineering
- Mr. Michael Griest, Director of Student Enrollment Services
- Mr. Tom Gunlock, Chair of the Wright State University Board of Trustees
- Dr. Madhavi Kadakia, Interim Vice President for Research and Associate Dean for Research Affairs in the Boonshoft School of Medicine
- Mr. Burhan Kawosa, Associate Vice President for Financial Operations
- Ms. Lori Martensen, Director of the Rural Health Initiative in the Boonshoft School of Medicine
- Mr. Gerald Noble, Lecturer of Music and Director of Percussion
- Dr. Ayse Sahin, Professor and Chair of Mathematics and Statistics
- Dr. Shu Schiller, Professor of Information Systems and Associate Dean of the Raj Soin College of Business
- Ms. Mandy Shannon, Interim Associate University Librarian and Head of Instruction and Research Services for the University Libraries
- Dr. Chris Taylor, Dean of Students
Finalists for the provost position will be invited to campus for interviews. Our campus community will have an opportunity to meet the finalists and provide feedback through campus forums.
This is a critical leadership position for the university and our students. We look forward to your participation in the selection of the university’s next provost and senior vice president for academic affairs.