Vice President for Enrollment Management and Marketing
Wright State University seeks an innovative, entrepreneurial, and professionally engaged individual to lead the institution to the next level through increased enrollment and retention and targeted marketing that provides the underpinnings of our mission to change the lives of our students and the communities we serve.
Director of Admissions, Recruitment and Enrollment Development (through June 2013)
Henry Ford Community College
1:30–3:00 p.m., 163 Student Union
View Resume (PDF)
Mary Ellen Ashley
Executive Vice President for Enrollment Management & Student Services
Northern Essex Community College
1:30–3:00 p.m., 156 B/C Student Union
View Resume (PDF)
The Vice President for Enrollment Management and Marketing is a member of the president’s cabinet and an integral partner in the strategically formed dynamic leadership team of vice presidents and college deans collaborating to raise Wright State’s prominence and reputation as the leader in high quality, affordable, and accessible education within the state, with significant increased visibility across the nation and internationally. The VPEMM must be a strategic thinker, adept at data management, knowledgeable in higher education marketing, collaborative in developing team-focused, data-driven approaches to problem solving, and possessed of strong quantitative skills.
The VPEMM will take ownership, in concert with the senior leadership team, of the entire student cycle, from prospect through graduation, and is expected to increase applications and yield, promote demographic and ethnic diversity, leverage financial aid to achieve enrollment goals, demonstrate a deep knowledge of prospect pools, work with an integrated student database, and improve rates of retention and persistence to graduation. Reporting to the provost, the VPEMM oversees the management of Undergraduate Admissions, Financial Aid, Orientation/College Readiness, Enrollment Marketing and Services, and the newly implemented RaiderConnect one-stop service center, which together include more than 60 full-time staff and over 50 student employees.
- Provide supervision, leadership, and professional development to the division’s five units: RaiderConnect, Undergraduate Admissions, Financial Aid, Enrollment Marketing and Services, and Orientation/College Readiness
- Engender a culture of student-centric service delivery
- Advise the president, provost, and Board of Trustees on enrollment conditions, trends, and best practices as well as marketing strategies and results
- Observe, analyze, and interpret regional, state, national, and international enrollment trends
- Develop a multi-year enrollment management plan to meet or exceed enrollment targets
- Partner with academic and student affairs units to develop comprehensive enrollment strategies and targeted marketing, recruitment, and retention methods for a diverse student population
- Build strategic partnerships with faculty and staff to advance retention efforts and success
- Utilize data-driven assessment of institutional recruitment, enrollment services, and student support services to drive continuous process improvement
- Lead, develop, and execute a comprehensive marketing plan to effectively communicate the university mission to all constituencies with consistency of branding and images
- Use market research data to drive high-impact marketing approaches and techniques
- Develop metrics and assessment methods to evaluate university marketing strategies
- Serve as an ambassador in the community and abroad, cultivating relationships that serve to strengthen and grow the image and reputation of the university
- Leverage and optimize university fiscal and human resources to achieve enrollment and brand recognition goals
- Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations in all divisional activities
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Ten years of experience in enrollment management, demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility
- Understanding of and experience with current market trends in higher education with superior knowledge of enrollment management practices
- Knowledge of strategic institutional branding and marketing
- Proven record of strong and effective leadership
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and equity
- Doctorate degree preferred
- Senior-level management experience in higher education enrollment
Nominations and applications are due August 30, 2013, and review of applications will begin on that date; however, the position will remain open until filled. Salary for the position is competitive; the starting date is expected to be January 1, 2014.
Applications should be submitted to jobs.wright.edu. Applications should include a letter of interest addressing the responsibilities and qualifications listed above, full resume, and the names and contact information of five professional references. To nominate a candidate for the position or to ask questions, please contact Buddy LeTourneau, Search Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org, (704) 668-3569. Additional information concerning Wright State University can be found at www.wright.edu, with statements of Mission, Vision, and Values, and the Strategic Plan at www.wright.edu/about/foundational-principles.
Mark Polatajko, Ph.D. (Co-Chair)
Vice President and University Treasurer, Division of Business and Fiscal Affairs
Kristin Sobolik, Ph.D. (Co-Chair)
Dean, College of Liberal Arts
Director, Office of Financial Aid
Ty Lea Brewsaugh
Sr. Database Coordinator, Office of the Registrar
Assistant Vice President, Institutional Research
Stephanie Davis, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Director, Career and Technical Education
Associate Director, Undergraduate Admissions
Phani Kidambi, Ph.D.
Lecturer and Director of Wright State International Gateway
Nate Klingbeil, Ph.D.
Dean, College of Engineering and Computer Science
Yi Li, Ph.D.
Dean, College of Science and Mathematics
Simone Polk, Ph.D.
Assistant Vice President for Student Services, Division of Student Affairs
Director of Academic Affairs, Student Government
Executive Director of Marketing Services, Office of Communications and Marketing
Graphic and Web Designer, Office of Communications and Marketing
Tom Sudkamp, Ph.D.
Vice President, Curriculum and Instruction
About Wright State
Named after the world-famous Wright brothers, Wright State University in Dayton, Ohio, continues their spirit of innovation. Located in a beautiful 557-acre wooded setting, the state-of-the-art university serves nearly 18,000 students on two campuses, offering 91 bachelor's degrees and 88 master's, doctoral, and professional degrees with 891 faculty and 1,497 full-time staff. A spirit of collaboration underscores the Wright State organizational culture, motivating faculty and staff to work together to provide an exceptional educational experience for students.
The university’s sports and entertainment complex is not only home to most of its Division I athletics, but is ranked as one of the top 10 arenas of its size in the world and a premier stopping point for major concert tours. Dayton, a metropolitan area of more than one million people, is home to a rich cultural entertainment mix including a symphony, opera, and ballet companies.
Wright State currently ranks as one of Ohio's top universities in federal research funding. External sponsored programs exceeded $100 million in the last year. The university has maintained solid stewardship over its finances, and consequently is in sound fiscal condition. Tuition increases have been moderate, making the institution one of the best values for higher education in Ohio. Through strategic capital projects, nearly every academic building has undergone expansion or renovation. Residential facilities are among the most modern and spacious in the Midwest. Importantly, Wright State University is strongly committed to diversity and ensuring a welcoming and inclusive campus.
Wright State University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and affirmative action, and specifically encourages applications from member of underrepresented groups.
Wright State cares about the enviroment and the health of our campus and planet. Learn how you can join the charge to make our community a better place to work, study, and play.