ACADEMIC DISTINCTIVENESS AND QUALITY
Enhance our distinctive learning experience to produce talented graduates with the knowledge and skills essential for critical thinking, meaningful civic engagement, international competency, an appreciation for the arts, lifelong learning and the ability to lead and adapt in a rapidly changing world.
- Objective A: Ensure the alignment of General Education, the major, assessment, undergraduate and graduate program review, and co-curricular activities with the above goal.
- Objective B: Diversify and enrich academic and professional programs, including non-degree.
- Objective C: Recruit and retain a nationally/internationally recognized diverse, learning centered faculty and staff.
- Objective D: Enhance the quantity and quality of dialogue with our various communities to ensure our academic relevance and distinctiveness.
Enhance student access to and successful participation in higher education through quality and innovative instruction and student life programs that increase graduation and career placement for a diverse student body.
- Objective A: Improve the enrollment and retention of direct-from-high-school, graduate and nontraditional student populations.
- Objective B: Enhance the academic success of students.
- Objective C: Develop effective educational processes to assist students in meeting post-graduate career and educational goals.
RESEARCH AND INNOVATION
Expand our scholarship in innovative and targeted ways to address regional, national and global needs.
- Objective A: Build a national and international research reputation
- Objective B: Enhance Research and Sponsored Programs infrastructure, leading to more external funding.
- Objective C: Foster discovery at all levels in the educational pipeline (K–16+)
Provide leadership to promote and support social, cultural and economic development within the region through our collaborations with local, state, national and global partners.
- Objective A: Increase the opportunities within the curriculum for community engagement.
- Objective B: Enhance the university’s presence with the Dayton/West Central Ohio regions, and beyond, in ways that benefit communities.
- Objective C: Offer degree and other education programs consistent with regional and state needs.
Develop and sustain the human, financial and physical resources required to accomplish the university’s strategic goals.
- Objective A: Encourage and support the professional development and wellness of faculty and staff.
- Objective B: Enhance fiscal and operational management.
- Objective C: Generate increased revenue.
- Objective D: Increase investments in facilities/technologies to achieve strategic goals.