Points of Pride
We transform the lives of our students and the communities we serve.
- build a solid foundation for student success at all levels through high-quality, innovative programs;
- conduct scholarly research and creative endeavors that impact quality of life;
- engage in meaningful community service;
- drive the economic revitalization of our region and our state and empower all of our students, faculty, staff, and alumni to develop professionally, intellectually, and personally.
Wright State University, inspired by the creative spirit of the Wright brothers, will be Ohio’s most learning-centered and innovative university, known and admired for our inclusive culture that respects the unique value of each of our students, faculty, staff, and alumni and for the positive transformative impact we have on the lives of our students and the communities we serve.
Academic Quality and Program Distinctiveness
- Enhance our distinctive learning experiences to produce talented graduates with the knowledge, skills, and dispositions essential for lifelong learning and the ability to lead and adapt in a rapidly changing world.
Student Access and Educational Attainment
- Enhance student access and success of a diverse student body through quality and innovative instruction and student life programs that lead to graduation and career placement.
Research and Innovation
- Attain regional and national prominence and leadership in creative, use-inspired research, scholarship, and entrepreneurism.
Community and Economic Development
- Promote educational, social, cultural, economic and sustainable development with local, state, national and global partners through our leadership or supportive collaboration. Create a campus culture that values and supports community engagement and economic development.
- Develop and maintain the human, fiscal, and physical resources required to accomplish the university’s strategic goals.
National Rankings and Recognition
- Rated “Best in the Midwest,” Princeton Review
- Listed among 260 Best National Universities in the annual “America’s Best Colleges” rankings by U.S. News and World Report
- Named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll with Distinction in 2013 for fourth consecutive year
- Named a “Military Friendly School” in 2013 by Military Advanced Education (MAE) and Victory Media for fifth straight year
- National Model United Nations team earned top honors in 2014 for 35th consecutive year
- Online Master of Education and Master of Nursing degrees ranked among the nation’s top online graduate education programs by U.S. News & World Report in 2013
- Raj Soin College of Business among “Best 296 Business Schools” in 2013 for fifth year in a row by The Princeton Review
- Wright State University Libraries have ranked among top 100 in the nation for use of social media
Today, Wright State offers nearly 104 undergraduate and 88 graduate and Ph.D. degrees to nearly 18,000 students.
Research supporting the economy
In 2013, annual research and sponsored programs topped $90 million. Wright State has centers of excellence in:
- Knowledge-Enabled Computing
- Product Reliability and Optimization
- National Center for Medical Readiness
- Neuroscience of Movement Disorders
- Collaborative Education, Leadership, and Innovation in the Arts
- Human Centered Innovation
- Micro Air Vehicle Research