Top Level About Banner
University Accreditation Information
Wright State University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (HLC). As part of maintaining accreditation, Wright State’s programs and processes are periodically reviewed to ensure institutional quality and integrity. Wright State will be undergoing the 10 year Reaffirmation of Accreditation in the 2015-2016 academic year. In 2005, Wright State was granted a 10 year Reaffirmation of Accreditation with no contingencies.
The following programs are professionally accredited:
College of Education and Human Services
- Teacher preparation and administrator preparation programs are approved by the Ohio Board of Regents and accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- Athletic Training is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE)
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling and School Counseling programs are accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP)
- Rehabilitation Counseling and Rehabilitation Services programs are accredited by the Council on Rehabilitation Education (CORE)
- Sports Science/Exercise Science is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
Raj Soin College of Business
- The undergraduate business program and five master's degree programs are accredited by AACSB International, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- The Department of Accountancy's graduate and undergraduate programs are separately accredited by AACSB International
- The Bachelor of Science in Management Information Systems is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, the Accrediting Board for Engineering and Technology
College of Engineering and Computer Science
- The Bachelor of Science programs in biomedical engineering, computer engineering, electrical engineering, industrial and systems engineering, materials science and engineering, and mechanical engineering are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.
- The Bachelor of Science in Computer Science is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.
College of Science and Mathematics
- Environmental health is accredited by the National Environmental Health Science and Protection Accreditation Council
- Clinical Laboratory Sciences is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences
- Baccalaureate program in chemistry is certified by the American Chemical Society
College of Liberal Arts
- Master of Public Administration program is accredited by the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs and Administration.
- Music is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music.
- The Bachelor of Arts and Master of Arts in Social Work are accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- The LEAP Intensive English Program is accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation (CEA).
College of Nursing and Health
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing, the master's degree in nursing, and the Doctor of Nursing Practice at Wright State University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation).
- The College of Nursing and Health has full approval by the Ohio Board of Nursing.
Wright State University – Lake Campus
- The Grand Lake Law Enforcement Academy is accredited by the Ohio Peace Officer Training Commission.
Boonshoft School of Medicine
- Accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education
School of Professional Psychology
- Clinical psychology and internship programs are accredited by the American Psychological Association Committee on Accreditation
Higher Learning Commission
Statistics & Numbers
Wright State University is proud to participate in College Portrait of Undergraduate Education: Voluntary System of Accountability. Visit the College Portrait website for a report that outlines many areas of undergraduate education at Wright State, including financial aid data, admitted-student population profile, and student satisfaction survey results.